July 1, 2013. I am putting a temporary halt on accepting new self-published books. The end of the school year has thrown off my TBR list and I want to read as many of my current self-pub review copies as I can this summer. I will let you know as soon as I am ready to accept new self-pubs. Thank you for your understanding!
- We hate to trash someone’s hard work, since they certainly have more talent than we do, but we do give reviews from our own honest opinions. We apologize in advance if we don’t like your story, but the point is to share our honest opinion.
- We try not to give spoilers. We believe everyone should enjoy all the excitement and shocks when reading the book for themselves. Sometimes spoilers come out if we are trying to detail a reason we didn’t like a story or a character, but we try not to do that.
- Reviews usually comes out a few days after we have finished reading unless we are specifically requested to post it closer to the publishing date.
- We try (really hard) to each all the submission promptly. But sometimes we bite off more than we can chew and/or life interferes with reading time.
- We will try to post all reviews in a timely manner.
- Digital copies (EPub or PDF files are preferred).
- Printed ARC/Review copies. (Yes, we will suck up the ridicule of “what’s that in your hand? ha, ha, ha” for a good story)
- A giveaway, promotions, Author Interviews or Guest post are very much welcome.
- We reserve the right to refuse a book due to subject matter or time constraint.
- We have received many, many requests to review self-published books, and although we would love to help all the new authors get a fair chance to get their names out there, we have had to cut down on the number of books we accept. Many of the books we have had to turn down sound great, so PLEASE do not be insulted if we tell you we can’t do your review. We say no to the large publishers too when the TBR list gets too long.
Our reviews will include:
- Cover art
- Publication details
- Synopsis of the book (usually taken from Goodreads and usually our own synopsis added as well)
- Personal thoughts about the book
- Our favorite scene or a scene we hope will grab interest in the book. (I don’t know it if is good form, but we reserve the right to edit the scene to remove any spoilers or to condense it down.)
Our Rating System:
5 Stars: This book is amazing; I could not put it down! Move this book to the top of your must read list!
4 Stars: I loved this book! Definitely a book you want to read.
3 Stars: This book was good, but maybe there was some things we didn’t enjoy.
2 Stars: This book was okay. **
1 Star: This book wasn’t really for me **
(** You are probably not going to see too many 1 or 2 star reviews here. Since time is short and our TBR list is constantly growing, if the book is not really grabbing us, we will probably stop reading a book long before I could give a fair review.)
- We would love to read and review your books. Please contact us for more info firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter @ebookobsessed
* The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) issued new rules that went into effect on December 1, 2009. These rules state that product reviewers on blogs must disclose whether they received review products for free or received monetary payment for such reviews.
Payment is never accepted in exchange for a review or book mention unless noted in the post. The receipt of ARCs or free Review Copies in no way influences or has an impact on the opinions expressed in the book reviews posted on this site.